All OriginClear intellectual property is managed by OriginClear Technologies, which is entrusted with all licensing. This page lists the intellectual property developed in house, as well as the inventions we have licensed exclusively for the world.
Comprehensive Portfolio of Intellectual Property
Today, Electro Water Separation™ (EWS), Advanced Oxidation™ (AOx™), and the Modular Water Systems™ technologies detailed below are our common platforms for an array of solutions in multiple industries. We are working to create, maintain and optimize a strong Intellectual Property portfolio around this suite of inventions, helping to ensure that we dominate those fields in which we specialize.
OriginClear Technologies Portfolio Summary:
These are the main pillars of our core technology. (We also maintain a portfolio of trade secrets which we do not intend to patent, for competitive reasons.)
- Systems and Methods for Harvesting and Dewatering Algae
- Electrochemical Systems and Methods for Peroxide Production in Water Treatment
- Electro-catalytic process for coalescing and skimming pollutants in bodies of water prior to filtration
- Producing Algae Biomass and Decontaminating Wastewater Utilizing a Series of Reactor Tubes with Mixed Metal Oxide Electrodes
OriginClear’s Intellectual Property (“IP”) portfolio has been in continuous development since 2008. Early inventions, including Electro Water Separation, focused on algae harvesting. Beginning in 2015, the company began development of EWS for water treatment applications.
In 2018, OriginClear reorganized its Intellectual Property portfolio to focus exclusively on its electrochemical water treatment solution, Electro Water Separation with Advanced Oxidation™ and to facilitate the development of a full product line of modular water treatment systems around the patents licensed by technologies Daniel Early, PE, which anchor our Modular Water Systems division.
As a result, we currently manage an international portfolio of our trade secrets, and four granted or pending patents, as well as five US patents we have licensed exclusively for the world, making a total of nine. Patents have been granted in Japan, Mexico and China, and are pending in the US, Malaysia, China, and China (Hong Kong). US and International (Patent Cooperation Treaty) filings are also under way for one of our latest developments, the “Advanced Oxidation Water Treatment Module”.
Further, the company is in the process of converting a provisional application filed with the USPTO in August 2018 into a utility patent. This filing protects the AOxPlus technology, titled “Electrochemical System and Method for Peroxide Production in Water Treatment”.
The company continues to further improve and expand its technology’s scope, efficiency and reliability. We plan to file new patents in the US and internationally as needed. In addition, we have chosen to protect certain intellectual property with trade secrets rather than patents.
In addition, we have begun joint development projects for specific field applications of EWS/AOx.
Status of patents and applications:
- On March 10, 2016, we filed a patent application to protect our intellectual property rights for “Producing Algae Biomass and Decontaminating Wastewater Utilizing a Series of Reactor Tubes with Mixed Metal Oxide Electrodes”. The inventors listed on the patent application are Nicholas Eckelberry and Jose Luis Sanchez Pina. We are listed as the assignee. The application is current with the patent offices of China (Hong Kong) (HK1214837A1), Japan (JP2016517798A) and WIPO (WO2014172573A9).
- On May 13, 2016, the Japanese Patent Office granted patent No. JP5931220B2 titled “Systems and Methods for Harvesting and Dewatering Algae”. This application was nationalized from PCT application WO/2013/116357. The patent is current.
- On 18 January, 2017, the Chinese Patent Office granted patent No. CN104203840B titled “Systems and Methods for Harvesting and Dewatering Algae”. This application was nationalized from PCT application WO/2013/116357. The patent is current.
- On September 5, 2017, we filed a provisional patent application with the USPTO to protect our intellectual property rights for “Advanced Oxidation Water Treatment Modules”. The inventor listed on the patent application is Jean-Louis Kindler. We are listed as the assignee. The application is current.
- On August 7, 2018, we filed a provisional patent application with the USPTO to protect our intellectual property rights for “Electrochemical Systems and Methods for Peroxide Production in Water Treatment”. The inventors listed on the patent application are James Michael Barazesh and Ayush Tripathi. We are listed as the assignee. The application is currently being refiled.
Patents we have licensed:
On June 25, 2018, Daniel Early granted us a worldwide, exclusive non-transferable license to intellectual property consisting of five issued US patents, and design software, Computer Aided Design, marketing, design and specification documents (the “Early IP”).
We may contract with distribution channels (equipment distributors, oil service companies, water treatment companies, system integrators and engineering companies) of our choice to act on our behalf for the purpose of selling and integrating the Early IP.
The Early IP consists of combined protection on the materials and configurations of complete packaged water treatment systems, built into containers.
|Patent No.|| Date Patent
|1.||Wastewater System & Method||02/12/13||07/16/31|
|2.||Steel Reinforced HDPE Rainwater Harvesting||US 8,561,633 B2||10/22/13||05/16/32|
|3.||Wastewater Treatment System CIP||US 8,871,089 B2||
|4.||Scum Removal System for Liquids||
|5.||Portable, Steel Reinforced HDPE Pump Station CIP||
OriginClear® and the waterdrop symbol are registered trademarks worldwide.
The stylized WaterChain™ water drop, the WaterChain wordmark, and the wordmarks Water Chain Coin™ and Water Chain Token™ are trademarks of OriginClear.
The stylized Modular Water Systems™ water drop design now adopted as the principal OriginClear symbol, Modular Water Systems, and Water System In A Box™, EveraMOD™, EVERUS™, EveraSKID™, EveraCRAFT™ and EveraCON™ are trademarks of OriginClear.
Electro Water Separation™ (EWS), Advanced Oxidation (AOx™) are trademarks of OriginClear.
Above and Beyond Clean Water™, Enough is Enough™ and Next Great Water Company™ are trademarks of OriginClear.
We generally distribute our technology through licensing and joint ventures. To help you test your markets before committing to full-scale manufacturing, we supply proof-of-concept units and prototypes as well as limited-volume production runs. These systems will then be a reference for your own manufacturing. Our licenses are non-exclusive, but regional preferential treatment is negotiable (“Most Favored Nation”).
We can also establish partnerships for selected strategic projects, aimed at developing and proving specific new industry applications. If you think we may be able to help with your treatment challenge, contact us here!