All of our intellectual property is developed in-house.
In 2009, OriginClear invented its pioneering Single Step Extraction™ (SSE) process, and filed the first patent application on April 17, 2009. The SSE application has been issued as a patent in Australia (image), Japan (image), China (link) and Mexico. It has also been published by the European Patent Office (EPO) under the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT). SSE is the foundation of our patents family, lending itself to the first stage of Electro Water Separation™.
In 2015, the United States Patent and Trademark Office granted OriginClear patent #9,085,745 for the first development of its two-stage electrocoagulation and electroflotation process, Electro Water Separation™ (EWS).
“This patent defines a tubular electro-contact design and a flotation concept that we have scaled up to become our EWS technology platform,” said Nicholas Eckelberry, OriginClear co-founder. “This was a key beginning for us. We have since advanced our understanding of this process; our later patents build on this important first discovery.”
In November 2017, OriginClear’s portfolio was valued at $8 million by independent valuation expert, Cambridge Manhattan Group, LLC.
* OriginClear commissioned the report for a one-time fee of $2,000.
Today, EWS is our common platform for an array of solutions in multiple industries. We are working to create and maintain a strong Intellectual Property portfolio around this suite of inventions, ensuring our domination of those fields of in which we operate.
We currently manage 35 applications worldwide, supporting the key inventions in our portfolio.
- Systems and Methods for Extracting Non-Polar Lipids
- Systems and Methods for Harvesting and Dewatering Algae
- Removing Ammonia from Water
- Producing Algae Biomass Having Reduced Concentration of Contaminants
- System and Method for Treating Wastewater
- System for removal of suspended solids and disinfection of water
- Electro-catalytic process for coalescing and skimming pollutants in bodies of water prior to filtration
- Producing Algae Biomass and Decontaminating Wastewater Utilizing a Series of Reactor Tubes with Mixed Metal Oxide Electrodes
- Systems and methods for reduction of total organic compounds in wastewater
Early Stage Inventions
During its first two years of operation, OriginClear innovated across the entire spectrum of algae production and processing. Early inventions of the period included:
- Quantum Fracturing™
- Helix Bioreactor™
- Hydrogen Harvester™
- Optimizing Photosynthesis in Photo Bioreactor
OriginClear announced the transfer of Quantum Fracturing, the Helix Bioreactor and the Hydrogen Harvester to French joint venture, Ennesys, on October 22, 2013.
The OriginClear® logo, wordmark and “O” symbol are registered trademarks worldwide. We have retained the OriginOil® registered trademark for future use.
For licensing information, please contact us here.
Get It Now »