Take a look at your phone keypad: "2580" is the only four-number combination that is in a straight line - straight up and down.
Back before 2008, if you wanted to know what song was playing, you dialed "2580" and put the phone up to listen. The answer came back in a text message.
Yes, that was Shazam! Back then, only tens or hundreds of thousands of people ever used it.
Then, in 2008, the iPhone launched, with Shazam built-in.
That was Shazam's iPhone Moment.
Today, over a hundred million people each month use it to identify the music they hear in a shop or on the radio.
The idea seems so... obvious! But did you know...
- The company struggled for eight long years before its breakthrough?
- More than 100 institutions passed on funding, because they didn't see the value in the idea?
- "Angels" - individual investors - had to step in to provide early financing?
- Once, when they raised a new round of funding, the company had to move into old government offices, to save money?
(The full story is told here.)
We have a unique technology. We've been at it for ten years. Our partnerships are popping up everywhere. Our revenues from licensing are growing and we've cut our operating costs. We're ready.
OK, where's our iPhone moment? I believe it is this: the water we all drink.
I heard last week from a cancer doctor who is a longtime shareholder, and he told me that cancers are spiking in the midwest.
Is there a link to these weedkillers? It's still early to tell, but there's urgent interest.
It's a big, big deal. And that we may be able to do something about it... That's a big deal, too.
We're hard at work proving it.
In this photo, engineer Ayush Tripathi is testing our ability to remove the most common weedkillers from water. Results very soon!
- Phase One: Proving It.
Right now we are proving our technology on a variety of contaminants. We'll tell you about the results as we get them.
Some of these tests are really, really sophisticated. The team is working on research that I think will blow your mind. Shhhh!
- Phase Two: A Partner.
Shazam took off when they partnered with Apple. We have already begun looking for the right partner, while we continue to prove the technology.
That way, once we have all the proofs in hand, we will be ready.
That will be an amazing moment. Perhaps, even, our iPhone Moment?
Have a great week! Really clean water may be in your future.
President & CEO
OriginClear, Inc. (OCLN)
* This communication shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy securities nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state in which such solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification of these securities under the laws of any such state.