Containerized Agriculture Wastewater Systems
Animal Effluent Waste is a Widespread & Critical Issue
According to the 2017 joint NRCS (National Resources Conservation Service) and EPA report to Congress, "Over the past three decades, shifts in animal agribusiness have worsened existing waste management problems, with more animals being intensively confined in fewer, but larger, operations. These developments have resulted in industrial animal agriculture facilities producing more manure than can be assimilated by available land, particularly in high production areas."
- There are more than 250,000 pastoral farms in the US
- $350 million is spent annually on hauling excess manure off-farm
- Costs Large farms hundreds of thousands each year
- Manure lagoons are limited in size causing an expansion ceiling
- Lagoons are smelly, unsightly and linked to illnesses
- Farmers face liability risks from overflow due to flooding brought on by worsening weather from climate change
- Herd diseases caused by viruses and bacteria can cause devastating losses for pastoral farmers
- Farmers operate under risk, with potential liability for nutrient mismanagement, health issues and worsening water table stress requiring them to carry higher pollution insurances
A Watershed Development in Pastoral Farm Effluent Management
Modular Water is expert in the handling of all wastewater across the spectrum from all inbound water, on-site grey water to the most heavily polluted blackwater such as landfill leachate, palm oil residuals and animal effluents. Our commercial use systems and applications incorporate our proprietary and patent protected technologies and containerized modular methodology into our specialized Agriculture Wastewater Treatment Systems product line.
Modular systems are perfect for agricultural applications such as animals effluents requiring a robust advanced water treatment system to produce water clean enough for reuse purposes such as irrigation or to meet regulatory expel standards. Our systems are factory assembled, tested, and certified for immediate use once installed at the site.
We offer Modular's Agricultural WWT systems in a graduating range of sizes with treatment capacities ranging from 1,000 GPD up to 150,000 GPD.
Modular Animal Effluent Treatment Advantages & Results:
- Removes solids, organics, nutrients, harmful bacteria and viruses to prevent waterborne disease
- Handles BOD (Biological Oxygen Demand) nitrogen, phosphorous, alkalinity
- TSS (Total Suspended Solids) Fats, Oil and Grease are handled by robust technologies and components
- MBBR (Moving Bed Bioreactor) and MBR (Membrane Bioreactor) non-chemical biological filtration
- Output streams rated for non-potable reuse and safe for aquatic plants, fish and animals
- Heavy aeration for aerobic digestion of solids and sludge
- Regulation compliant effluents
- Reclaimed water can be used for animal washing and reduce water cost and animal disease