In The Field
EWS has been successfully tested in a wide range of produced and frac flowback waters in the gas fields of Western Colorado, West Texas intermediate oil fields and the San Joaquin heavy oil fields of California.
Each of these waters has been unique, but EWS technology has proven flexible and robust enough to handle these widely varying challenges within the oil and gas industry.
In San Joaquin, third party lab results confirmed that EWS reduced all measures of treated water's non-soluble contamination to very low, or undetectable levels.
Case study: a demonstration system based on OriginClear™ technology effectively decontaminated Produced water in a pilot program at a storage and disposal site in Kern County, California. The client, a regional water treatment entity, commissioned the 60-day test, which began in July, 2016. View or download the report here.
Independent Testing Results
- Turbidity reduced by 99.96%
- Total suspended solids reduced by 97%
- Total recoverable petroleum hydrocarbons reduced by 97%
- Biological oxygen demand reduced by 71%
- Chemical oxygen demand reduced by 92%
- Diesel range organics reduced by 99.3%
- Gasoline range organics reduced by 86%
- Motor oil range organics reduced by 99.5%
Summary here. Full report available on request.