From: Riggs Eckelberry
Los Angeles, October 11, 2011
First Single Step Extraction™ Production System Shipped
Yesterday was a great moment in our company's history: acceptance tests complete, our first production unit left for Australia!
Photos and video here. (slideshow)
Congratulations to Gavin Gray and his engineering team, who built the entire system right here at our headquarters! Here are some views of the unit itself. (slideshow)
This is the first commercial-grade system we announced earlier this year. It will support MBD Energy's early testing at the Tarong Power Station. Once replaced by the upcoming full-scale systems, it will move to other testing locations.
Other American milestones:
- McCormack's first factory-produced reaper, sold from Lockport, New York.
- Rockefeller's first petroleum oil pipeline, from Titusville to Cleveland.
- Robert Fulton's first steamboat ride up the Hudson.
Speaking in Amsterdam
I'm here in lovely, drizzly Amsterdam, preparing to present and moderate at the World Refining Association's 6th Annual Biofuels 2011 conference.
My topic: "How will food/fuel competition continue to affect scarce commodities and what is the long-term feedstock security picture for first and second generation biofuels?"
Well, we know that food and fuel shouldn't be competing. And many of these feedstocks are unsustainable. Fresh water use alone limits growth in many cases.
But there is good news:
- Australia's largest ethanol producer is diversifying into algae (they now use mostly wheat). (Article). This has great potential for replacing corn in America's ethanol industries.
- The Department of Energy's multi-feedstock initiative, (see our collaboration), will enable refiners to pick from a wide range of sources, thus greatly increasing stability and scalability of biofuels.
From Science Daily comes the news that we're unlikely to meet biofuels quotas set by the Renewable Fuel Standard by 2022 without new technology.
Yes indeed: only applied innovation will get us into a new era of sustainable, affordable clean energy.
Enjoy the rest of your week!
Riggs and team
President & CEO
OriginOil, Inc. (OOIL)
Video: watch our presentation at the Rodman & Renshaw Conference